Let's make Horde VS Alliance VS Ganker

Discussion forum related to Light's Hope in general.
jjkiller455

Wed May 16, 2018 5:30 pm

The best idea is we could have both PvE and PvP in the meantime.

We could have an army, and we could become soldier fight Alliance on behalf of Horde, rather than being a nasty murder.
But players shall be qualified first to play WPvP by registered to be a soldier in its camp and if a soldier ganks and the dishonor kills goes high enough,

- The player will be banned in Horde Army for xx days

- The player won't be able to get honor and won't be able to upgrade certain gears or scrolls with honor.

- If the player keeps triggering dishonor killing after banned in the army, all cities may have bad relationship and make it on blacklist and he won't be able to travel to main cities eventually.

- All major cities should have a blacklist post area.

Well, maybe Gankers will build up a guild and start Raid major City NPC, but will they win most of the player ?
Gankers mind are not major yet I think ?

If you are real big ganker, you would love this idea, because you could really have your own Empire if you hire enough crew.
If you are victim, you would love this idea, because you would be happy to see your enemy becomes your camp's enemy.

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
jjkiller455

Wed May 16, 2018 5:32 pm

This is a thread reinforce Winterflaw's Topic: Ganking is endemic and reducing the server population
Feel free to share your ideas maybe we could propose to Blizzard for Official Classic WOW.
Jeddite

Thu May 17, 2018 12:15 am

Better idea -- no change needs to be made to accommodate spergs who can't handle the fact that they may get killed by xxDethAzzazzynxx.
/king redards STFU
Winterflaw

Thu May 17, 2018 7:14 pm

Jeddite wrote:
Better idea -- no change needs to be made to accommodate spergs who can't handle the fact that they may get killed by xxDethAzzazzynxx.
Just curious - do you have an explanation for why the server population is falling over time?

Would you argue that it's not falling over time?

I would guess, if you do accept the server pop is dropping, that griefing has no encouraging effect upon the fall in server population?
Syphotheosa

Thu May 17, 2018 8:26 pm

Winterflaw wrote:
Jeddite wrote:
Just curious - do you have an explanation for why the server population is falling over time?

I would guess, if you do accept the server pop is dropping, that griefing has no encouraging effect upon the fall in server population?
Explanations in rough order from most influential to least influential:

1) LH fresh server announcement (influx of new players diminishes, people rather wait for fresh)
2) End of progression coming near (this effect has been observed on literally every private server and was even the case on retail aka "what my 8/8 T2 will be useless for TBC content? why should I bother farming Naxx gear then anyway???")
3) Kronos3 opening
4) Nighthaven opening (rather outdated now)
5) Merge announcement
6) abundance of griefing and ganking
zoddzer

Thu May 17, 2018 9:07 pm

Syphotheosa wrote:
Explanations in rough order from most influential to least influential:

1) LH fresh server announcement (influx of new players diminishes, people rather wait for fresh)
2) End of progression coming near (this effect has been observed on literally every private server and was even the case on retail aka "what my 8/8 T2 will be useless for TBC content? why should I bother farming Naxx gear then anyway???")
3) Kronos3 opening
4) Nighthaven opening (rather outdated now)
5) Merge announcement
WoW-Feenix also opening Fresh in less than 20 hours. Not sure how popular it will be though.

(not very popular from the looks of things)
Last edited by zoddzer on Fri May 18, 2018 5:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
LtotheB

Fri May 18, 2018 8:32 am

Syphotheosa wrote:
Winterflaw wrote:
I'd put your 6 faaaaaaarrrrr below your 5 and (continue to) argue that the ganking and griefing has very little affect on server population. It exists from day one on PvP servers--those who can't stand it usually move on to different realms long before hitting 60, while literally tens of thousands accept it as a part of the game and continue to play on those realms (and some of those even go on to claim they hate it in post after post on the forums, but continue to play there).

In LB's case, they've gone through all of the content (for all intents and purposes), and have only hit retail vanilla "low" population in the face of Fresh realms and having gone through all of the content. All of the content. Months and months of ganking and griefing. People are just getting sick of it and quitting now?

Winterflaw came late to LB and thinks his 2+ months of being "on the verge of quitting" is somehow reflected in this "low" population, when he ought to just go find a PvE realm to level on.

Edit: I know I quoted you, Sypho, this was clearly more directed at Winterflaw's question.
Undertanker

Fri May 18, 2018 10:59 am

We dont need another carebare mega thread. Go back to the thread were you call lvl 60 vs lvl 60 "ganking".
Winterflaw

Sun May 20, 2018 10:19 pm

Undertanker wrote:
Fri May 18, 2018 10:59 am
We dont need another carebare mega thread. Go back to the thread were you call lvl 60 vs lvl 60 "ganking".
Who are you replying to?

I've never said that.

I don't recall anyone saying that, in fact.

One of the proposals to reduce griefing was you can only attack people your own level or higher.
Drain

Mon May 21, 2018 4:36 am

Doing any of that would defeat the whole point of making the realms PVP instead of PVE.
10 months from Nostalrius, 12 on Anathema. I am now retired and have moved on to doing new things. R I P Anathema. Looks like Lightbringer will be next for the chopping block.

Return to “General”