[PvP] Racials

Knife puns...
Altoholic

Thu Apr 12, 2018 4:06 am

That discussion made me curious about racials for PvP (mostly battlegrounds, maybe some world PvP).

I'm using this racials spreadsheet collection to help make my decision (tell me if something is missing).

Is dwarf the best ally race for PvP ? I suppose roots happen more often in BGs than in WPvP, so maybe gnome is a good choice for that peculiar situation ?

What about horde ? Does the orc anti-stun beat the UD anti-fear overall (seem more true in BGs than in WPvP, i suppose) ?
Drain

Fri Apr 13, 2018 3:42 am

Gnome is terrible for warrior/rogue. Dwarf is what I'd say comes out on top because stoneform is ridiculously good, and for any class that can get the race. Human is mainly a PVE choice for sword skill (which has no value vs players). Elf lacks a powerful racial but has a full row of useful ones. If you're playing on PVP btw, you're going to die quite often from ganks, so running back faster is never a bad thing.

Orc, next to warrior/rogue, also has some of the game's worst combinations. Here it's rogue+warlock. The racials are terrible for the classes. Unless you just really like this race, you're an idiot if you slot one over undead/troll, the much better options for these classes. You can't even use the weapon skill, have no pet as a rogue, and one way or the other, should never want a healing debuff. The stun resist is not worth everything else you lose vs the other races. Your 1 racial does nothing 75% of the time. It really gives gnome rogue a run for the "worst of" slot. You want axe skill or intellect on your rogue? Take your pick. They're both worthless.
Originally a day 1 Nost player and community supporter, I am now retired and have moved on to doing new things. I'm on Steam and Youtube. I will not be on here much anymore. R I P Anathema, and farewell to those that I've raided with.
Rafale

Sun Apr 15, 2018 9:05 am

Come on... 25% stun resist is awesome
Gatot

Mon Apr 16, 2018 2:22 pm

Rafale wrote:
Sun Apr 15, 2018 9:05 am
Come on... 25% stun resist is awesome
Ppl still count 2.5% as 25%? ...
Rafale

Mon Apr 16, 2018 7:00 pm

Gatot wrote: