Safespotting?

Discussion forum for anything related to the Lightbringer PvP server.
gotmilk0112

Wed Dec 06, 2017 5:00 pm

I'm sure all of us Horde players are aware of this "Enemyrogue" asshole who does nothing but gank the Booty Bay flight master for 4+ hours every day, but he also does this thing where he stands in a very specific spot and attacks people without aggroing the bruisers.

Isn't this safespotting? I reported it a few days ago and the GM said he'd investigate, but nothing has happened.

No, the bruiser wasn't sapped.
Maxillagutta

Wed Dec 06, 2017 6:25 pm

That is not safespotting. Guards and players can reach it using a normal path.
gotmilk0112

Wed Dec 06, 2017 6:30 pm

Maxillagutta wrote:
Wed Dec 06, 2017 6:25 pm
That is not safespotting. Guards and players can reach it using a normal path.
But guards aren't aggroing to that spot. It's purposefully abusing a hole in guard LoS to attack players in a neutral town.
Maxillagutta

Wed Dec 06, 2017 6:35 pm

gotmilk0112 wrote:
Wed Dec 06, 2017 6:30 pm
But guards aren't aggroing to that spot. It's purposefully abusing a hole in guard LoS to attack players in a neutral town.
This is what the rules say:
c ). Safespotting
Safespotting is prohibited under all circumstances. This is the act of engaging in PvP combat while exploiting a position that cannot be reached with basic jumping (no wall-climbing), or engaging enemy players while being in an advantageous position where guards cannot reach you due to pathing, line of sight, or any other game mechanic.
Saferspotting is when guards and players can't reach and not when guards doesn't aggro. You can run up to this player and attack it and so can the guards.
Last edited by Maxillagutta on Wed Dec 06, 2017 6:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
gotmilk0112

Wed Dec 06, 2017 6:37 pm

c ). Safespotting
Safespotting is prohibited under all circumstances. This is the act of engaging in PvP combat while exploiting a position that cannot be reached with basic jumping (no wall-climbing), or engaging enemy players while being in an advantageous position where guards cannot reach you due to pathing, line of sight, or any other game mechanic.
He's standing a specific spot that is out of guard's line of sight.
Maxillagutta

Wed Dec 06, 2017 6:41 pm

gotmilk0112 wrote:
Wed Dec 06, 2017 6:37 pm
c ). Safespotting
He's standing a specific spot that is out of guard's line of sight.
No he is standing on a spot the out-range guards aggro range.

It say - can't REACH due to Line of sight. It doesn't say, doesn't aggro du to line of sight. It would be safespotting if guards had this player targeted but could not attack it due to Line of Sight etc.

Nah, what you have here is just a douch that stand in a spot where guards don't aggro. This is not the same thing as Safespotting.

Edit: It CAN be safespotting if they are withing the guards aggro range and somehow prevent them from aggroing the player.
Found a post from a GM about this regaring Light's Hope, where people also can out-range guards:
https://forum.elysium-project.org/topic/41409-is-killing-people-in-lights-hope-bug-abuse/?tab=comments#comment-362863 wrote: Pottu
Out-ranging guards is fine.
Being behind a tree inside their aggro range and having that tree somehow prevent them from aggroing on you is safespotting.
Please report such players with a screenshot showing their name and location.
gotmilk0112

Wed Dec 06, 2017 7:21 pm

This spot is not outside the guard's range. There are 3 separate bruisers within 20 yards.

See: https://i.imgur.com/JBtw2v2.jpg

This is not outranging the guard, this is standing in a small area that is out of their LoS, thus, safespotting.

Going by what Pottu said, I'm wondering why Enemyrogue hasn't been banned yet, because "Being behind a wall inside their aggro range and having that wall somehow prevent them from aggroing on you" is exactly what he's doing.
Maxillagutta

Thu Dec 07, 2017 2:00 am

Standing in a spot where guards doesn't aggro is not safespotting. Standing in a spot where guards and players can't REACH is safespotting.

I have looked at the second screenshoot you have posted. I even went there myself to check it out. This rogue was there, I engaged it in pvp combat along with other players. There is no glitching or wall-jumping or LOS or anything. The guards just have very weird short aggro-range so in this area they don't aggro very easy. I basically had to hug the guards for them to aggro...

This is not safespotting by the letter of ToU.
gotmilk0112

Thu Dec 07, 2017 2:43 am

Maxillagutta wrote:
Standing in a spot where guards doesn't aggro is not safespotting. Standing in a spot where guards and players can't REACH is safespotting.

I have looked at the second screenshoot you have posted. I even went there myself to check it out. This rogue was there, I engaged it in pvp combat along with other players. There is no glitching or wall-jumping or LOS or anything. The guards just have very weird short aggro-range so in this area they don't aggro very easy. I basically had to hug the guards for them to aggro...

This is not safespotting by the letter of ToU.
So you're ignoring what Pottu said about "standing behind something causing guards to not aggro".....?
Maxillagutta wrote:
The guards just have very weird short aggro-range so in this area they don't aggro very easy. I basically had to hug the guards for them to aggro...
Huh? I've had that one Bruiser next to the flight master aggro from so far away, after I buffed someone who killed Enemyrogue. I was on the far side of that red-roofed building; the Bruiser aggroed from at least 30yd.

They definitely don't have a short aggro range. And even if they did, that's a bug that needs to be fixed, which means Enemyrogue is exploiting a bug.
Maxillagutta

Thu Dec 07, 2017 2:58 am

It is clear that you really really reaaaaaaally want this to be safespotting.

But I am sorry to inform you, again, It is not safespotting.

Here is the suggestions-forum where you can make your suggestions for changes on the rules: viewforum.php?f=6

Return to “Lightbringer General”