M E R G E

Discussion forum for anything related to the Anathema/Nostalrius PvP Server.
gotmilk0112

Sun Feb 11, 2018 4:36 pm

And you are correct, the lag is not due to population.
Is that why LB lags/crashes like all hell, while Anathema and Darrowshire don't?

:thinking:
Theloras

Mon Feb 12, 2018 3:45 am

gotmilk0112 wrote:
Sun Feb 11, 2018 4:36 pm
And you are correct, the lag is not due to population.
Is that why LB lags/crashes like all hell, while Anathema and Darrowshire don't?

:thinking:
FAKE NEWS!!!
levran

Mon Feb 12, 2018 9:51 am

Theloras wrote:
Wed Dec 06, 2017 1:16 am
whitekidney-Today at 4:39 PM
What do you want to know? Server is dying? Reroll on another server.
There is no magical fix for the server losing population.
Interesting position. Which magic had Nostalrius to make his population stable? Its called PR management i think. Nost was great just because his PR manager was great.
Hordeguyz

Sat Feb 17, 2018 8:50 pm

At this point i dont think that there will be merge at all sadly.
Jeddite

Sat Feb 24, 2018 3:58 pm

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=11190

Merge scheduled for June 2018, huh? We'll see about that that (would be nice, though).
/king redards STFU
Njada

Sat Feb 24, 2018 5:47 pm

Hordeguyz wrote:
Sat Feb 17, 2018 8:50 pm
At this point i dont think that there will be merge at all sadly.
Such a shame you are wrong :mrgreen:
Undertanker

Sun Feb 25, 2018 8:16 pm

Day late, dollar short. PHRRRRRREEESSSHHH
Drain

Mon Feb 26, 2018 6:25 am

After 99% of the population has done left, they announce a merge, which will still take another 4 months to occur. This is after many months of telling us it either wasn't possible, or would never happen. (I even got a "warning" from Pottu for posting about it at one point) Seems to be that they are simply waiting for LB to catch up in timeline, which serves no real purpose. They should have just merged this with DS ages ago. Somehow they think it's a better idea to wait until it's far too late, merge up all 3, and force PVE players to switch to PVP, rather than a handful of remaining PVP, to switch to PVE. Btw I got on earlier, saw 130 people online, empty org, no BGs (WSG weekend). Too little too late? I guess many of us might be tempted to finally come back, because I sure as fuck wasn't going to drop everything I had, not when we never finished Naxx. No clue why players who never finished Naxx, would be so eager to start over, but most of them did so. Only a handful actually reached KT before rushing to reroll, sealing our fate.
10 months from Nostalrius, 12 on Anathema. I am now retired and have moved on to doing new things. R I P Anathema. Looks like Lightbringer will be next for the chopping block.
Storfan

Tue Feb 27, 2018 8:58 am

Drain wrote:
After 99% of the population has done left, they announce a merge, which will still take another 4 months to occur. This is after many months of telling us it either wasn't possible, or would never happen. (I even got a "warning" from Pottu for posting about it at one point) Seems to be that they are simply waiting for LB to catch up in timeline, which serves no real purpose. They should have just merged this with DS ages ago. Somehow they think it's a better idea to wait until it's far too late, merge up all 3, and force PVE players to switch to PVP, rather than a handful of remaining PVP, to switch to PVE. Btw I got on earlier, saw 130 people online, empty org, no BGs (WSG weekend). Too little too late? I guess many of us might be tempted to finally come back, because I sure as fuck wasn't going to drop everything I had, not when we never finished Naxx. No clue why players who never finished Naxx, would be so eager to start over, but most of them did so. Only a handful actually reached KT before rushing to reroll, sealing our fate.
I think many people probably rerolled simply because some parts of Naxx was actually quite hard. It's easier to reroll and re-do content. 4hm, Sapp and KT is pretty much impossible for the average guild, while the rest of Naxx is kind-of a pushover.

We're currently 3-or-so actively raiding guilds on horde side right now. Most of us raid-logging ofcourse. Peak pop is probably 250 at most. We have seen a small surge of returning players after the merge was announced but definitely nothing major.

EDIT: I'll be on Old Nostalrius until the very end. cba rerolling. I hope the merge is serious though. As it currently stands our guild have no problems filling our raids atleast:)
“If quantum mechanics hasn’t profoundly shocked you, you haven’t understood it yet. Everything we call real is made of things that cannot be regarded as real.” – Niels Bohr

#FreeSilithusMiners
Keala

Tue Feb 27, 2018 5:49 pm

Drain wrote:
Somehow they think it's a better idea to wait until it's far too late, merge up all 3, and force PVE players to switch to PVP, rather than a handful of remaining PVP, to switch to PVE.
This is what I would call stupidity in its own form. Oh well, gonna be fun to see them change their minds at some point anyway cause "oh wait, there's no one on anathema, no need to merge, kill it and be done with it!".

Return to “Anathema/Nostalrius PvP General”