Do people use the neutral AH?

A forum where you can offer up rare good without having to worry about goblins taking a cut.
Wanderlust

Thu Feb 01, 2018 6:55 pm

Was debating putting this in the main forum but since it is a marketplace question I figured I'd ask. I've been listing a lot on the neutral AH with... varied degrees of success. I'm Horde-side, been listing Deviate Fish recipes on the neutral AH for a reasonable profit (5G or so compared to cost on Horde AH which at low levels is basically doubling my cash) but I just wondered in general how much do people use the neutral AH? Every time I've browsed I've seen barely any items (and even then a lot of them are pages for a Stranglethorn Vale quest) so I just wondered if maybe I'm not hitting too much of a market and just gotten fairly lucky with seeing the odd Alliance person willing to bid on the Deviate Fish recipe (I'm guessing it can be resold for a profit Alliance side so people are willing to take a gamble on it). For context all I've been trying to sell on there other than the Deviate Fish recipe is Deviate Scale belts, figure they must be way harder to come by Alliance side than Horde so worth a pop, but if I'm only reaching a market of a handful of people it probably isn't worth the effort relisting and losing the deposit on them.
Roxanne Flowers

Thu Feb 01, 2018 9:16 pm

Last time I checked the neutral AH listings, there were like 160 auctions on it, and most of them where Pages for the Shredder Manual and the Hills of Stranglethorn. Aside from that, one of the few listings I was expecting to see was faction specific vanity pets (for vanity prices, of course) which can ONLY be acquired and traded through the neutral AH.

I get the feeling that the population of people looking for stuff outside their faction is pretty low on Darrowshire, such that you aren't going to have dozens of pages of listings in the neutral AH at any time. Stuff CAN still move, but not everyone is checking the neutral AH on a daily basis for deals, so ... caveat emptor.
Verbogeny is one of many pleasurettes afforded a creatific thinkerizer.
LtotheB

Fri Feb 02, 2018 10:01 am

I get the impression the nuetral AH's here are just to transfer stuff from your toons to your toons on the opposite faction.
Wanderlust

Mon Feb 05, 2018 9:38 am

For what it's worth that does still seem to hold true, just been to Booty Bay and 101 listings, including about 20 individual Linen Cloths and lots of quest item manuals. At least for what it's worth I do still see people listing cross-faction items so I at least seem to be in the place if I want to get overinflated prices from Alliance players for Horde only/easier-to-acquire items, and I guess from past experience I still do decently out of people looking for those.

Return to “Items Marketplace”