Re:Merge

Feel free to discuss ways you think we can improve.
Syphotheosa

Tue Mar 13, 2018 10:57 am

hehe, this mass quoting and flaming was typical for gotmilk. Another sign that you are gotmilk. And it explains why you are so desperately trying to "win", because you lost your forum account with 1000+ postings.

oh btw, I will not read that bullshit any longer. It's like reading assumptions of a fresh philosophy student who has no clue but thinks he would know everything better xD
muvvadukka

Tue Mar 13, 2018 12:03 pm

Syphotheosa wrote:
hehe, this mass quoting and flaming was typical for gotmilk. Another sign that you are gotmilk.
Did you consider that multiple people are addressing points here, that the methodology used was in error in some way (not necessarily on yours, but the people who gotmilk quoted, who happen to be the same here) rather than the opponent you are speaking to is incorrect? I cannot see that gotmilk typed in the same way as what has been done here; I saw him refusing to acknowledge evidence in the safespotting thread, which doesn't align with the methods used here, so I do not really see how these points are relevant?

At any rate, using 'mass quoting' and 'flaming' is an attempt to discredit and poison the well; flaming is certainly subjective, but mass quoting is a technique used to break down large posts into smaller easier-to-manage increments and allow for a proper rebuttal. I want to give you the benefit of the doubt that you are not actually conflating these, but if you think mass quoting is negative then l retract that
Syphotheosa wrote:
oh btw, I will not read that bullshit any longer. It's like reading assumptions of a fresh philosophy student who has no clue but thinks he would know everything better xD
Why would you not read the content? Even assuming that the levels shown here were of someone not suited to debate/speak, what bar are you setting that grants you the ability to dismiss others' writings? If you are bored with the conversation then that is fine, but it is not a free pass to having points unchallenged

If you believe TheJudge to be in error, then I implore you to reply to specific points he has made; if he is a fresh philosophy student and inept at his reasoning, then it should not be too difficult to make a case. Your objective should not be to convince him specifically (people do not not change their minds out in the open often), but to provide sound reasoning so that those reading this thread are convinced. Whether he accepts if he is right or wrong is not relevant if you point out errors in reasoning or incorrect information relevant to the point being made
Istaria

Tue Mar 13, 2018 2:06 pm

Why do you guys even care about who "wins"? The world does not work that way. Sometimes things are unfair and even if you are in the right, you still come out disappointed.

I think everything that needs to be said has been said. Let's all get along.
TheJudge

Tue Mar 13, 2018 2:19 pm

pipkin wrote:
Tue Mar 13, 2018 9:30 am
Judge I believe you misunderstood what Symphotheosa meant about losing friends. They're saying that this person used to spend time in game with them, but now only raidlogs as they intend to quit playing here after the merge.
The exact words were "- some of us lose friends (my best ingame mate Tiffi only raidlogs until merge, which is heartbreaking for me)"

Had he intended to say his best ingame mate intends to quit the game after the merge, he would have said "my best ingame mate Tiffi only raidlogs AND WILL QUIT after merge." His use of the word "until" merge suggests that the "only raidlogging" will cease after the merge.

But he's not a very good writer, so it's understandable that you would interpret this as "he intends to quit after the merge."

REGARDLESS of what he meant, its still a part-to-whole/composition fallacy. Just because one guy has friends who quits doesn't mean everyone is losing friends who quit.
TheJudge

Tue Mar 13, 2018 2:23 pm

Syphotheosa wrote:
hehe, this mass quoting and flaming was typical for gotmilk. Another sign that you are gotmilk. And it explains why you are so desperately trying to "win", because you lost your forum account with 1000+ postings.

Actually you don't have to be a philosophy student to see poor writing and poor reasoning. And actually, I majored in Biomedical Engineering. I took my university's version of "Introduction to Logic" and it really helped me become a better writer.

You should do the same. UC Berkeley offers free online courses via iTunes University. Just search for UC Berkeley Logic on iTunes and you'll stop looking like an idiot on these forums!
TheJudge

Tue Mar 13, 2018 2:27 pm

Syphotheosa wrote:

Oh, and this is another Ad Hominem for two reasons. 1) It attacks the writing style. Just because someone uses mass quotes doesn't mean their arguments are invalid (I see you didn't respond to any of my critiques, that was cute). 2) You keep trying to compare me to this gotmilk guy. Let's say for the sake of the argument that I am who you think I am. How does you knowing my identity change what I wrote to you? I could be the ghost of Adolf Hitler or the ghost of Nelson Mandela and it would make no difference.

You need to respond to people's words, not who you believe they are as a person.
LtotheB

Tue Mar 13, 2018 3:48 pm

TheJudge wrote:
Tue Mar 13, 2018 2:23 pm
Just search for UC Berkeley Logic on iTunes and you'll stop looking like an idiot on these forums!
I just did that search and I don't feel any smarter.

Istaria's right. Everything (and more) has been said. Seems like people will have to adapt: FRESH, Merge, or different project.
Roxanne Flowers

Tue Mar 13, 2018 3:55 pm

LtotheB wrote:
Tue Mar 13, 2018 3:48 pm
FRESH, Merge, or different project.
I'll take Door #3 ...
Verbogeny is one of many pleasurettes afforded a creatific thinkerizer.
ldrancer

Tue Mar 13, 2018 7:43 pm

when t he server starts, "fresh" are they going ot delete old characters?
DarknessCalls

Tue Mar 13, 2018 9:34 pm

ldrancer wrote:
Tue Mar 13, 2018 7:43 pm
when t he server starts, "fresh" are they going ot delete old characters?
No.

Read here:
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=11190

Return to “Suggestions”