Implement an /XPoff Command on Lightbringer

Feel free to discuss ways you think we can improve.
Jeddite

Sun Jun 10, 2018 6:05 pm

Yeah, yeah ... you won't do it (LOL FUN SERVER IS ----> THAT WAY --->), but I wish you'd actually consider it.

Now that Lightbringer is at the end of progression, an /xpoff command makes it easier for people to dick around (if not actually making twinks) at lower-levels, which leads to more non-60 dungeon-running and battlegrounds, and gives players another reason to keep playing when they would likely otherwise raid-log between weekly resets. It might also help stem the hemorrhaging of disgruntled Darrowshire players.

The (temporary) reappearance of the twinking guilds is a pleasant change over literally months of literally no instances that aren't Level 60 WSG and AB.

/hohum
/king redards STFU
Houk

Tue Jun 12, 2018 12:08 pm

Great idea. Why admins don't want to add this feature ?
Join bg also is a nice feature to make world more populated.
Jeddite

Tue Jun 12, 2018 12:11 pm

It's not "MUH BLIZZ-LIKE" is the primary reason, despite the positive benefits of keeping lower-level dungeons and battlegrounds going. Cant have "LOL CUSTOM FUN SERVER" changes, because next thing y'know ... instant level-60 and pay-to-win cash shops. Or so speaketh low-watt bulbs who dont understand how slippery slope fallacies actually work.

Although I do it more for the obsessively-completionist neurosis that I am afflicted with.

( eventually Kazuma will be here to rage about it )
/king redards STFU
testlon

Wed Jun 13, 2018 7:15 am

An actual serious answer:

K3 has .xp stop function and it lead to having lots and lots of lvl 59 doing dungeon runs, getting Arcanite Reaper, Lionheart helm, endgame dungeon loot and sit around at lvl 59. This hurts overall high level PvP because half of the PvPers are lvl 59 and the other half is lvl 60. Now the level 60 pool is halfed and less BGs overall pop at level 60.

I could see it being implemented for level 19 and 29 because these are THE twink brackets with actual, relevant player numbers. But level 59 rankers hinder the overall health of the server
Syphotheosa

Wed Jun 13, 2018 9:19 am

testlon wrote:
Wed Jun 13, 2018 7:15 am
An actual serious answer:

K3 has .xp stop function and it lead to having lots and lots of lvl 59 doing dungeon runs, getting Arcanite Reaper, Lionheart helm, endgame dungeon loot and sit around at lvl 59. This hurts overall high level PvP because half of the PvPers are lvl 59 and the other half is lvl 60. Now the level 60 pool is halfed and less BGs overall pop at level 60.

I could see it being implemented for level 19 and 29 because these are THE twink brackets with actual, relevant player numbers. But level 59 rankers hinder the overall health of the server
I didn't play enough on Kronos to recognize such things. Really interesting, I would not have predicted that outcome :O
Gears
Senior Game Master

Wed Jun 13, 2018 11:51 am

Part of the challenge of twinking is managing XP gain to hit that sweet spot and go no further.

I don't see us every implementing this for two reasons: Blizlike, and it disposes of that challenge that is supposed to be part of the twinking experience. You need to plan getting your BoP gear carefully, getting your pet leveled and trained carefully, etc. If you overshoot, you have to start again, that's what twinking in vanilla is about. If all you care about is level 29 pvp, we might as well throw heirlooms in and scratch the whole "getting to 29 and gearing to twink" challenge.

➥ tap 1 post: draw 1 legendary staff response from retired GM deck

❝Any response is better than shouting in the wind and hearing the echo of your own voice❞
   - (ex-ex-)Senior Game Master Gears

Gible

Tue Jun 19, 2018 5:56 pm

Twinking is dumb, let the twinks suffer.

Return to “Suggestions”